Members and friends shared a picnic lunch under crisp winter skies in Kings Park recently. Our Volunteer Picnic was held to thank and recognise all those that help the Association maintain its momentum.
Speaking to the gathering, WATCAC Chair Erin McGlew highlighted the efforts of our volunteer community in enabling the Association to operate and fulfill its objectives. Key areas of effort were recognised including fundraising, tandem cycling clinics and with our riding program.
While all volunteer contributions were acknowledged at the picnic, special mention was made of the following members for their particular contributions:
- Adriana Lepore and Sue Murphy, for their fundraising contributions.
- Connie Price and Beau Tang for contributions with our tandem clinics.
- Jennifer Musgrave for coordinating our riding program over a long period.
- Mike Barry, David Musgrave and Roz Luce for ongoing ride support.
- Gavin Mackay and Roland Parrotte for piloting.
Congratulations to all of these members for their support.
The committee also launched our new WATCAC jerseys which will shortly be available to members to refresh their bike wardrobes. These are very much styled on our previous jersey, with an added splash of colour here and there. Jerseys will be available on upcoming WATCAC rides and events to check out sizing and fit and will be available to purchase.