2023 was a big year for the Association. Here is some of what we got up to:
- We successfully tried new arrangements for ride coordinators and ride leaders and achieved 11 short format recreational rides and 16 longer format club rides in the calendar year. Thanks to Dee and Doug for helping reduce some of Jennifer’s volunteer load, they have been doing a great job. Special thanks to all our ride leaders and marshal riders for keeping our ride program lively, interesting and safe.
- We also successfully incorporated Saturday club rides as part of the South Perth Roulers (SPR) program. Thanks to Jennifer for leading the engagement with SPR for this initiative.
- David and the committee updated our team WATCAC cycling kit with new jerseys and sleeves, these have been selling well and further stocks in a range of sizes are available for purchase.
- Members supported two Blind Sports WA participation initiatives to increase our profile in the blind and vision-impaired community, thanks again to Dee, Jennifer, David and Doug.
- We established a new social media profile on Instagram (tandem.watcac) to broaden our community engagement and help keep our members informed via this social media channel. Thanks to Jenny for leading this initiative.
- We conducted a successful new members tandem clinic in July, thanks to Connie for leading this event.
- In July we hosted our inaugural volunteers’ picnic in Kings Park. We are continuing to explore ways of supporting and thanking all our volunteers and in particular our volunteer front riders. Thanks to all our committee who made this event possible.
- Throughout 2023, WATCAC riders participated in a number of community events. These including the Lifecycle for Canteen On-road and Off-road Rides, the Breaths and Beats Ride, The Busselton Ironman Triathlon, the Cancer 200 Ride for Research and the MSWA Ocean Ride.
- Our base of financial members grew from 41 in 2022 to 54 in 2023. Annual subscriptions are an important part of keeping us on the road, thanks to all our members for their commitment to WATCAC throughout 2023.
Looking forward to an amazing 2024.